Thursday, December 27, 2012

Poppy Coffee & Cupcakes

Pin It Now!
It's funny that the boyfriend and I were like tourists during our short trip in Dumaguete City. Although I've been to Dumaguete countless of times, since my folks are currently living in Bayawan City, I've never been really knowledgeable with the streets in Dumaguete. So, when we spotted this little poster on the street that has cupcakes on it, I bugged my friend Nikki to take us there.



Poppy's is a dainty cafe at Silliman University's West Portal. You'll immediately see it before SU's entrance. They had a really nice and comfortable interior, which makes it great for students. A single cupcake at Poppy's costs P35. This is still more affordable compared to the usual cupcakes here in Cebu. Poppy's cupcakes reminded me of SLT's, which is by far my favorite. They have a  number of different cupcakes available and their presentation was similar to that of SLT's.




We chose the blueberry and red velvet, which are our favorite flavors. Their cupcakes are really cute and looked so yummy. Poppy's cupcakes taste really good. However, it wasn't enough to wow me. It tastes good but not as good as the other cupcakes I've tried. Their icing is sweet and is just right. I think it would be best if the cupcakes were served chilled. Nevertheless, I like their cupcakes. It's really good for its price. 

Unfortunately, the thing with Poppy's is that don't have their own toilet. You would have to climb up to West Portal's second floor to pee. It's a bit of hassle, to be honest, but it's better than nothing. Overall, Poppy's is a really interesting and nice cafe. Their staff is friendly and accommodating. I'll try to visit Poppy again next time I'm back in the city. Hopefully not when I'm too full to splurge on some sugar. Maybe, next time. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We ordered the pasta+cupcake+drink combo when we visit Poppy's... and it was super affordable. :)

Post a Comment